Diabetes and Home Care
Posted on: October 06 2020
Diabetes Care Within The Security And Comforts Of Home
A life-threatening disease like diabetes needs continual management to avoid diminishing an older adult’s quality of life. Diabetes complications can make it difficult for older adults to care for themselves and do daily household tasks. At Around the Clock Home Care, we provide in-home care and support to older adults who face health challenges from diabetes and other chronic illnesses. Our dedicated caregivers have provided quality, personalized care services with respect to seniors who want to live independently in their home.
Personal Care Services
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding
- Assistance with toileting, incontinence care and safe trips to the bathroom at night
- Assistance with mobility (walking, transfer from bed to chair or wheelchair)
- Assistance with medication reminders
Meal Planning and Preparation -
Medication is far from the only tool for managing diabetes.
Eating properly makes all the difference, and your loved one’s doctor or
dietitian will have recommended a healthy eating plan. Yet many seniors are
used to subsisting on processed, packaged foods that are high in all the wrong
ingredients — saturated fats, trans fats, sugar, and salt. Our caregivers can
take your loved one to the grocery store and prepare appetizing meals and snacks
with lots of fiber, whole grains, fruits, and healthy proteins.
Light Housekeeping Services
- Changing and making beds
- Light dusting, vacuuming, sweeping
- Cleaning kitchen and bathrooms
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Shopping, running errands
- Providing transportation
- Providing companionship to clients
- Accompanying client to medical appointments
- Accompanying client to social and recreational activities
- Engaging client in meaningful conversation
Home Care A Viable Option for Older Adults with Diabetes
If you are caring for a loved one with diabetes, then you understand the daily needs of a senior managing the disease. Caregiving for a loved one with physical limitations and chronic illnesses can become overwhelming for family members. So, families may believe that their loved one would be better off in an assisted living facility or a nursing home where residents receive around-the-clock care by residential staff. Moving your loved one from the comfort of home to live with strangers at a long-term care facility may not be the best care option. For one, residents in understaffed nursing homes do not receive adequate attention. Beyond that, the costs of residential living add up over a period of time.
A less expensive and more viable option is home care. This is where Around the Clock Home Care excels. Our in-home caregivers provide the daily support that your loved one needs to remain at home. And we provide peace of mind to family members who want the best care for their loved one.
For more information about our home care services call (405) 222-6478
– Oklahoma or (479) 242-2273 – Arkansas. You can also fill out our Contact Us form.
We will follow-up with any inquiries about our home care services.
Posted in News